Firstly, I have been asked by a few regular readers, why I haven’t posted anything new since December 6. The truth is I’ve been bogged down with a heavy workload so haven’t really had time to contribute to the blog, but things are settling down and I’ll be able to get back to more regular entries again… hopefully.
Well, what a year it’s been, we’ve almost finished restoring the house from an empty run down brick box into a home, it’s been fraught with ups and downs as mentioned before, but we’ve had some help from good friends like Seppe and Graham and it’s their help that’s outweighed the bad times and we’re looking forward to 2014 and hoping for less brick dust and more outings involving beach towels.
So here’s a handful of Top Three moments from the year, in no particular order:
My favourite three snaps of the year will be shared on this blog entry. They won’t be landscapes or arty shots, but the ones that make me smile and conjure up memories of happy times.
My mate Spike, his smile tells the world he’s having a good time in Abruzzo.
1. Dancing in the street during the Casoli festa,
2. Fireworks during dinner in Palombaro
3. A history lesson and evening stroll around Civitella with Seppe.
1. This year I acquired two dogs, Olive and Alf.
2. A regular writing Job that means a reduction in pitching to editors.
3. Many new friends. (English and Italian)
Love these ladies, official opening at museum and not a single smile amongst them.
There’s been far too many songs that have shuffled throughout the year to mention, but here’s the stats.
1. The most played band this year has been A Flock of Seagulls (I’d never have guessed that).
2. The most played song has been That’s Life by Hazel O’Connor (sums up some of the year’s up and downs, and again I’d have never have guessed that).
3. The most played solo artist has been Tiziano Ferro (no surprise there).
The lovely Annie, our very own dancing queen.
1. A liking for fish. (The eaten variety as opposed to the in a bowl swimming around kind).
2. That they sell frozen Brussels sprouts in the Lidl at Pescara.
3. The Jasci and Marchesani winery in Vasto.
UK Things I Miss (friends and family not included)
1. Oddly enough, black pudding.
2. My Wednesday evening meetings with the Renegade Writers.
3. Billboards and shop posters written in English.
So with the final song playing, to record on my blog, Siouxsie and the Banshees. Metal Postcard (Mittageisen) , and with 2013 slipping away and 2014 ready to emerge, I’ll wish you all a happy new year and see you on the other side.